Tuesday, March 06, 2007

bad karma-el..

so...about a year ago i dyed and spun some wool in a colorway i called karma-el (because it brought me great peace to do it). now, my karma-el has turned on me...kinda. i started to make Glampyre's boob holder using this super-fab yarn, of which i had spun only a limited amount. i thought it would be enough for such a tiny project. problem is...it was not enough to contain my not-so-tiny boobs, so i abandoned karma-el with much sadness and despair...

...when what to my wondering eyes did appear, but three whole, complete, gorgeous skeins of Brown Sheep Yarn that i totally forgot existed in the stash. the color is H 01. it was a steal on ebay a couple of years ago and i was saving it for the perfect project. so now, i can rejoin the quest to hold my boobs...you know what i mean. i've made a few alterations to the original pattern to accommodate my broad shoulders and mighty bosom, but the central idea remains the same. i will post the alterations when the boob holder is done, but here is what i accomplished in the past 36 hours. i would totally aim to finish it tonight, but i desperately need to sleep, so the girls will have to go unheld till some later time. if there's enough leftovers, i will make a pair of fingerless gloves...or, as i like to call them...wrist holders!