Sunday, June 24, 2007

blue state update!!!

first off, on the subject of my ever-cloudy mood...i have actually been feeling pretty damn fantabulously lately. my 31st birthday passed rather silently, and i reigned-in any urge i had to freak out about getting older while not fulfilling my goals by tossing some clothes into a suitcase, driving to the airport at the crack of dawn, and begging to be placed on the first possible flight to Montreal. yes, boys and girls, i am the first liberal in history to escape to Canada (instead of just dreaming of it). so...it was a short-term escape of only 5 and a half days, but i came home feeling like a million loonies. i found a fab new yarn shop near the Atwater Market, so I purchased a couple of hanks of a sinful baby alpaca yarn for myself and a newborn-green merino to make a hat for Nina's soon-to-be baby boy. the pattern can be found here.



as for me...i've been spinning up a storm in the past week or two. here's a sampling: (clockwise from the top, left) a group shot of my recent spun gold; a gorgeous colorway i'm calling raspberry sorbet because it makes me hungry just looking at it; one of several hanks of undyed merino i aptly named like a virgin; and finally, a funky blend that has grown on me like crazy called norwegian wood.